hi loves! So I’ve been waking up early, around 7am (thanks Luna) and have actually been enjoying it so I thought I would stick to it and continue waking up early to try and make it a habit! Since I am NOT at all a morning person it’s been a struggle but I think I’ve been doing okay and establishing a routine to stick with has been extremely helpful. I thought i’d share with you my routine to drag my butt out of bed before 8am each day and still being able to be in a positive mood!
- Wake up the first time your alarm goes off! It SUCKS but you’re only really tired for the first couple minutes after you get out of bed
- Create a routine. I use the app, routine, to help keep me on track and moving so I can get out the door on time.
Here’s my morning routine and how long I give myself for each task!
- Play music! My morning spotify playlist is full of Beyonce, Chainsmokers and other music that will get me pumped up to start my day!
- Coffee and a good breakfast is a must. I feel so much better when I give myself time to get my coffee and a good breakfast in. I’m full and energized for the day
- Leave 5 minutes early. Living in the city, I never know what will happen with traffic or the CTA schedule so I like to give myself a little wiggle room-and if I’m early I’ll run to starbucks and grab my second coffee of the day. LOL.
Well you guys, that’s my morning routine. If you’re not a morning person I challenge you to try and become one. I feel more productive and energized throughout the day and actually tired at a decent time at night! Leave a comment down below and tell me what time you wake up every day!